£500 donated to Greenmount Village Community
On 20.03.2018 we donated £500 to Greenmount Village Community, which has been used to purchase 2 new benches
Our President, Lion Jimmy Hill is pictured presenting Greenmount Village Community Chairman, Alistair Waddell with the cheque
Greenmount Village Green Improvement
For far too long Greenmount Village Green, has been an unloved and under used facility in the heart of the village. From October to April each year, it was usually underwater and the playground was not fit for purpose. Furthermore it did not cater for children over 7 years of age.
In 2013 the Greenmount Village Community (GVC) approached Bury Council and started a consultation and fund raising process. The key elements the community wanted were:
- A well-drained field and play area
- A new play area with up to date equipment for all ages of children, not just infants
- As large a field to play sports on as possible, and dry
- A path for people to exercise on either walking or pushing wheelchairs/prams. It has been designed so two pushchairs/wheelchairs can go around together and the adults can talk to each other.
The budget for the improvement came to £105,000 and to supplement this, an appeal was made for the donation of benches and picnic tables.
The benches are to be placed at strategic locations around the perimeter path for people to rest whilst they exercise. The green provides one of the few pieces of flat land for people who may be recovering from an illness, can exercise and take rest easily.
The work should be finished by 20th April 2018 with a Grand Opening on Bank Holiday Monday May 7th when the Annual Village Party will take place.
609 total views, 1 today
- About Lions International
- About Peel Lions Club
- Contact Us
- Helen Keller
- Important Announcement…
- Lions Den
- Lions Name and Symbol
- Meet Peel Lions…
- Melvin Jones
- Past Presidents