Child and Vulnerable Persons Protection Policy Statement
Peel Lions Club is committed to creating and maintaining the safest possible environment for children, young people and vulnerable persons at all its organised events.
We do this by:
- Recognising that all children and vulnerable persons have the right to freedom from abuse
- Ensuring that all of our Lion Club Members and volunteers are carefully selected and accept responsibility for helping to prevent the abuse of children and vulnerable persons in their care.
- Formally adopting the child protection policies of Lions Clubs International District 105 (UK) and ensuring that all Peel Lions Club Members and volunteers follow these policies.
- Responding swiftly and appropriately to all suspicions and allegations of abuse, and by providing parents, carers, children and vulnerable persons the opportunity to voice any concerns they may have.
- Appointing a Child Protection Officer who will take specific responsibility for child safety and act as the main point of contact for parents, carers, children, vulnerable persons and outside agencies.
- Ensuring access to confidential information is restricted to the Child Protection Officer or the appropriate external authorities.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of our Child and Vulnerable persons Protection Policy and activities each year at the Annual General Meeting.
Peel Lions Clubs Child and Vulnerable Persons Protection Officer is: Jimmy Hill
Download the PDF Version here