About Peel Lions Club
Peel Lions Club was formed in 1973 and chartered in February 1974 by a group of interested men (37 members) from the area of Ramsbottom & Tottington, Lancashire.
We meet on the first and third Wednesday of every Month, at the Royal British Legion Ramsbottom
Lions are ……
- Members of the world’s largest and most active service club organisation.
- Men who believe that by working together they will accomplish far more than would be possible as individuals.
- Members committed to solving worldwide health and social problems, and who realise that solutions are possible when every Lions Club participates.
- People who cherish the fellowship of their own Club, but who also feel a close kinship with Lions in over 200 countries throughout the world.
- Individuals dedicated to maintaining the highest ethical and moral standards in their Club – and in their personal lives.
- People who are serious about their commitment to humanitarian service, but have fun along the way.
We cover all costs from our own dues, ensuring that all donated funds go to the causes. Transparency and accountability operate at every level; in fact, The Financial Times has ranked Lions Clubs International Foundation the “best among non-government organisations worldwide with which to work”.
We are proud that our organisation is close to a century old, and that it has a distinguished history of doing good works for the world. Local communities respect and trust their clubs, both because those clubs are made up of neighbours and friends who have a long record of support, and because of the Lions Clubs International name and legacy.
We have fun in our clubs. And when we meet fellow Lions for the first time, we treat them like old friends.
When you join Lions, you join a global service network. So at the same time you’re helping your own community locally, you can also contribute to Lions community efforts in other countries.